California Health & Safety Codes
Drug Crimes Defense Lawyers in Los Angeles
California law contains specific codes for drug-related offenses. The charges
vary from felony to misdemeanor or infractions, and penalties can be steep.
Fines, jail time, loss of reputation, and a permanent mark on your criminal
record are just a few consequences of drug crime convictions.
Below is a list of the Health and Safety Codes for drug possession in California:
- Section 11350, possession of opium or cocaine or any derivative, is a felony.
- Section 11357(a), possession of any concentrated form of cannabis, is a
felony or misdemeanor.
- Section 11357(b), possession of less than 28.5 grams of marijuana, is a
misdemeanor or infraction.
- Section 11364, possession of paraphernalia for injecting or smoking a controlled
substance, is a misdemeanor.
- Section 11377, possession of "dangerous drugs" such as PCP, LSD,
and methamphetamine, is a felony or misdemeanor.
- Section 11351, possession for sale of opium, cocaine, or any derivative
is a felony.
- Section 11355, sale or transportation of opium, cocaine, or their derivatives
is a felony.
- Section 11378, possession for sale of "dangerous drugs," is a felony.
- Section 11379.6 HS, manufacturing of "dangerous drugs," is a felony.
Assisting Clients with Drug Convictions Since 1996
With nearly 20 years of experience, the criminal defense lawyers at The
Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler have helped numerous clients with their
drug convictions throughout the Los Angeles area. Whether it is a misdemeanor
or a felony, our firm has extensive knowledge of the laws and codes, and
we may be able to help you find
alternatives to jail if you have been charged with a drug crime in California.
Contact us online
or call us at (310) 933-4487 to schedule your
initial confidential case consultation.